Why Digital Dictation?
Digital dictation offers several advantages over traditional cassette tape-based dictation:
- The user can instantly rewind or fast forward to any point within the dictation file to review or edit
- The random-access ability of digital audio allows inserting audio at any point without overwriting the following text
- Dictation produces a file which can be transferred electronically
- Large dictation files can be shared with multiple typists
- Sound is better than CD quality and can improve transcription accuracy and speed
Advances in technology have hastened the arrival of quality Speech Recognition applications. Speak and record, then send to the Speech Recognition engine to have your work automatically transcribed or send you dictation via a specified workflow to your dedicated secretary for manual transcription. These are just two methods which can be applied to streamline your practise when making use of digital dictation.