Smart management for smart applications
Mobile Device Management
The rapid adoption of new modern applications (SaaS apps, mobile apps) coupled with the proliferation of powerful yet affordable mobile devices has introduced new challenges in the modern legal workplace.
Today’s apps as a rule, sit outside of the traditional corporate network and they need to be supported and updated in addition to the existing portfolio of legacy/native and web apps that still consume significant IT resources.
The growing proliferation of mobile apps have also given rise to inconsistencies in user experience, security posture and support requirements, whereby allowing employees to avoid or work around traditional and so called ‘rigid processes and old policies’ in order to be productive whenever and wherever – these areas however need to be monitored to manage cost.
Firms are facing the critical decision to either ignore these trends at the peril of unintended security breaches or embrace a new way of working, leveraging a new management framework.
Accesspoints choice of the VMware Airwatch solution ticks all the right boxes in relation to mobile device management (MDM).
Workspace ONE enables you to drastically improve experiences and tasks that were previously costly, time consuming, and resource intensive.
Airwatch Workspace One
With Workspace ONE, IT services can:
- Onboard a new employee with all apps and devices in under an hour
- Set and enforce access and data policies across all apps, devices, and locations in one place
- Complete business processes from a mobile device
- Provision a new corporate laptop out of the box, anywhere in the world, from the cloud within minutes
- Get insights and automation capabilities across your entire digital workspace environment
- Deliver e-mail in a containerised secure app, removing corporate mail from the native e-mail client from the mobile phone
- Fully manage and audit mobile devices with the ability to be selective or completely wipe the device.
Boxer is a mail, calendar, and contacts app with enterprise-level security features packaged with a consumer-grade user experience and uses VMWare Airwatch MDM.
On the user side, Boxer features include integrated calendar access, customisable settings and optional bulk action functionality. Boxer also has a predictive folders feature that incorporates aspects of machine learning in order to make folder suggestions based on past user actions.
On the IT side, Boxer allows admins to configure and manage security policies at a granular level via its use of containerisation, built-in compliance, and data leakage protection. Boxer is available as part of a shared or dedicated cloud, on premise or in a hybrid deployment and is compatible with Microsoft Office 365.